Stewarts Office Plants

We supply many businesses across the South, from Sussex and Surrey, through Hampshire and Dorset to Wiltshire and Somerset. For more information about the services we offer visit our home page, or contact us here. In this blog you'll find news, interesting snippets, stories and pictures of our staff's adventures out on the road.

Friday, February 13, 2015

Feature plant: Dracaena Florida Beauty

OK, so this plant gets chosen as feature plant this month, as I had to get a snap of this with my dodgy camera phone and show it to you.

Dracaena Godseffiana 'Florida Beauty' is a rare relation of one of my favourites: Dracaena Godseffiana Surculosa, which I've blogged about before.

Florida Beauty has much more pronouncedly variegated foliage, and seems a little stiffer in growth habit.

What the whole Godseffiana sub-family share is a habit of suddenly and abundantly flowering, as this one at an office in Winchester has done (the flowers are the little spiky things you can see in the pic).

When they start to go over they get very messy, so it gives me great joy to say I was only covering the site where this plant is, and next time it will be my colleague Roger's job to sweep up all the dead bits of flower.

Jonathan