Stewarts Office Plants

We supply many businesses across the South, from Sussex and Surrey, through Hampshire and Dorset to Wiltshire and Somerset. For more information about the services we offer visit our home page, or contact us here. In this blog you'll find news, interesting snippets, stories and pictures of our staff's adventures out on the road.

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

"This blog is brought to you by the colour green"

Excuse me channelling Sesame Street briefly; couldn't think of a better title for a post which concerns the fact that the last 12 months seems to have been the year of bright green pots.

Last April I posted a blog about the first of this rash of lime green installations, in which I confessed to having form for liking the colour. Since then we've had a rush of orders for lime green pots.

More interesting to me, as a self-confessed colour code geek - I've admitted my problem, which is the first step on the road to recovery - is that it isn't the same lime green each time. In fact in the last year we've been supplied no less than four very similar colours by our favourite local manufacturer. Can you tell the difference?

First is our most popular - default, if you like - Lime Green: RAL 6018, shown off here in an installation we were particularly proud of in Bournemouth last year. Dunno why the pot on the left looks shorter than the rest; they say the camera never lies. Mine does apparently.








Second, a different client but in the same building in Bournemouth had an old BS4800 colour code: 12E53 (I said I was a paint nerd!). Not a complete coincidence, as the latter client looked at the former's plant pots and said "I want green ones but a bit lighter."










We also have samples of this lovely little curvy desktop trough (lighter still than the above); the colour of which is a match of another pot maker's green, which has no code. This is how far gone I am that that fact really bugs me! The little curvy bowl next to it is RAL 6018 like the first picture.

So far I've sold none of these lovely little troughs (only 50cm long x 20cm high) - who will be first - and I've only sold one curvy bowl (20 x 20cm). Shame, because they are lovely, and like all our GRP planters they are very high quality. The hard bit with GRP (i.e. fibreglass) is getting these really sharp corners right; when I look at stuff by some of the manufacturers I don't use, I can see the difference.

Finally, and most recently, we supplied these even lighter green pots to a community centre in Verwood, Dorset. This is a copy of a paint manufacturer's (who may or may not advertise themselves with a sheepdog...) colour called 'Lime Zest' which was on several feature walls in the building.

Because they are made to order each time, the supplier of Stewarts' pots can match any colour you wish. Whether it's the colour on your walls or the corporate colour in your logos, we can do it. Yes I know: I said this in the post above, but a lot of our competitors tend to favour a range of pots that come in a very limited range of colours - we don't. We can do metallic, BS, RAL and Pantone colours (on which note, if anyone knows where I can get a Pantone colour chart that doesn't cost the earth, do let me know!), and any other colour you can supply us with a picture or sample of. There really is no limit.

So which of these greens do you prefer, dear reader? Why not email me and tell me? Or send me a picture of your office and ask me what colour pots I'd recommend.

Jonathan